Hey there, sun-lovers! Today we're talking about something that's absolutely essential when spending time outside: sunscreen. But not just any sunscreen – we're talking about natural sunscreen.
Now, you may be wondering what exactly natural sunscreen is. Well, it's pretty much exactly what it sounds like: sunscreen made from natural ingredients. Unlike traditional sunscreens, which often contain chemicals like oxybenzone and octinoxate, natural sunscreens use ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide to provide protection from the sun's harmful rays.
So, why is using natural sunscreen so important? For starters, traditional sunscreens can have negative effects on both your health and the environment. Chemical sunscreens can disrupt hormones in your body and contribute to coral reef destruction when they wash off in the ocean. Natural sunscreens, on the other hand, are biodegradable and often contain ingredients that are safer for your skin and body.
But aside from the health and environmental benefits, using natural sunscreen can also be a lot of fun! There are so many different options out there, from tinted sunscreens to scented ones that smell like tropical paradise. And if you're feeling particularly creative, you can even make your own natural sunscreen at home using ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax.
Of course, using natural sunscreen isn't just about having fun – it's also about taking care of your skin. Sun damage can cause everything from wrinkles to skin cancer, so it's important to protect yourself when you're spending time outside. And with so many great natural sunscreen options available, there's really no reason not to!
So next time you're planning a day at the beach or just spending some time outside, remember to slather on some natural sunscreen. Not only will you be doing your part to protect your health and the environment, but you'll also be having a blast while you're at it. Happy sunning!
I can provide you with a recipe for natural sunscreen that can be made at home using natural ingredients. However, please keep in mind that natural sunscreen made at home may not have the same level of sun protection as store-bought sunscreens, and it is always recommended to do a patch test before using any new product on your skin.
- 1/2 cup of shea butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of zinc oxide powder
- 1 tablespoon of red raspberry seed oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of carrot seed oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt together the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax over low heat.
- Once the mixture is melted, remove it from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the zinc oxide powder to the mixture and stir until it is well combined.
- If desired, add the red raspberry seed oil, carrot seed oil, and vitamin E oil to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a clean, airtight container and let it cool and solidify at room temperature.
- Once cooled, your natural sunscreen is ready to use!
To use, simply apply the sunscreen to your skin before heading outside. Reapply every two hours or more frequently if you are swimming or sweating. Store the sunscreen in a cool, dry place between uses.